The government has decided to set up the "Indian Institute of Heritage" at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
The Institute is being set up as Deemed to be University and would be a standalone Institution of its type in the country.
It will integrate following institutions:
1) Institute of Archaeology (Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology)
2) School of Archival Studies under National Archives of India, New Delhi
3) National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property (NRLC), Lucknow
4) National Museum Institute of History of Art Conservation and Museology (NMICHM)
5) Academic Wing of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
These institutions shall become various schools of "Indian Institute of Heritage".
Indian Institute of Heritage will be a world-class university that would focus on the conservation and research in India's rich tangible heritage, while offering research, development and dissemination of knowledge.