DEC - 20211) NITI Aayog Health Index 2021 - Uttar Pradesh ranks last in terms of overall health performance among large states, while Kerala is at the top.
Among the smaller states, Mizoram was the best performing state while Nagaland remained at the bottom.
Chandigarh tops the Union Territories (UTs).
2) Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone of BrahMos Aerospace Cruise Missile Manufacturing Unit and Defense Technology Test Center of DRDO in Lucknow.
3) In Good Governance Index (GGI), released by the Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah, Uttar Pradesh has got 5th rank in Group 'B'.
UP has secured top position in Commerce & Industry sector.
Madhya Pradesh has been ranked first in Group 'B'.
Gujarat has secured first rank in Group 'A'.
4) PM Modi laid the foundation stone of Amul's Banas-Kashi Sankul project costing Rs 475 crore in Varanasi.
5) All India Mayors Conference was organized in the district of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh through virtual medium.
6) Noida CEO Ritu Maheshwari said that the Uttar Pradesh government has approved the proposal to build the country's largest heliport in Noida.
7) PM Modi inaugurated the new and grand Shrikashi Vishwanath Dham Corridor by unveiling the stone plaque in Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh.
This corridor connects the ancient Kashi Vishwanath temple of Varanasi directly with the Ganga Ghat.
8) PM Modi dedicated 318 KM the Saryu Canal National Project to the nation at a cost of Rs 9800 crore in Balrampur district of Uttar Pradesh.
The Saryu Nahar National Pariyojna is a project that aims at interlinking five rivers i.e. Ghagra, Saryu, Rapti, Banganga and Rohini through the construction of canals.
9) Union Minister of State for Education announced to make Gorakhpur a 'Special Education Zone'.
10) CM of Uttar Pradesh to name the National Law University in Prayagraj after Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
11) UP CM Yogi Adityanath and Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated Doordarshan Earth Satellite Center in Gorakhpur district.
12) Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of Maa Shakumbhari University in Punwarka village of Saharanpur district.
13) 16 rare coins (villain metal=copper+silver) of the time of Raja Anangpal Dev, Raja Madanpal, Raja Chahra Rajdev, including Delhi overlord King Prithviraj Chauhan, have been found in the archaeological site inspection in the ancient mound of village Katha of Baghpat district.
NOV - 20211) UP CM unveiled the 'Shatabdi Pillar' and released the postage stamp and centenary souvenir at the centenary celebrations of Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden, Lucknow.
2) Multidimensional Poverty Index has been released by NITI Aayog, in which Uttar Pradesh ranks third in terms of highest poverty.
Kerala registered the lowest population poverty levels.
Bihar has the highest poor proportion followed by Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh (3rd).
3) PM Modi laid the foundation stone of Asia's largest Noida International Airport at Jewar in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
This airport will be the world's fourth largest international airport and Uttar Pradesh's 5th international airport.
Noida Airport is being developed by Zurich Airport International.
Country's first net zero emission airport in terms of environment.
4) According to the report of National Family Health Survey-5 released on November 24, 2021 - the fertility rate in UP has come down to 2.4 as against 2.7.
5) The Air Pollution Control Tower (APCT) developed by Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) at Haridwar was inaugurated in Noida.
6) Under the joint aegis of the State Government and the Union Ministry of Defense, the three-day 'Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv-Jhansi Jalsa' program was inaugurated in Jhansi district.
7) PM Modi inaugurated the 341 km long Purvanchal Expressway at Karwal Kheri in Sultanpur district.
Purvanchal Expressway will connect eastern and western Uttar Pradesh.
8) A two-day All India Official Language Conference was organized by the Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Hastkala Sankul, located in Bada Lalpur, District Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
9) Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS), 2021 report released by Commerce and Industry Ministery - Uttar Pradesh has jumped 7 places to 6th position in the Logistics Performance Index.
Gujarat ranks first in the list of 21 states.
10) The fifth Deepotsav was organized on the banks of Saryu in Ayodhya in the presence of CM Yogi Adityanath.
11) Uttar Pradesh has been ranked last in the list of big states in the Public Affairs Index 2021, released by the Bangalore-based think tank Public Affairs Center (PAC).
Kerala got the first position.
12) The cattle fair started in India's religious and historical place 'Bateshwar' located on the banks of river Yamuna in Agra district.
13) CM Yogi Adityanath launched the transparent composite cylinder.
It is being manufactured by Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL).
14) Uttar Pradesh has come up with a unique scheme 'Parali Do, Khaad Lo'.
OCT - 20211) CM Yogi Adityanath declared the holy Soron Sukar area of Kasganj district as a place of pilgrimage.
2) PM Modi launched the 'Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Bharat Yojana' worth Rs. 64,000 crore and inaugurated 28 projects costing Rs. 5189 crore in Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh.
3) Uttar Pradesh government decided to change the name of 'Faizabad Junction Railway Station' to 'Ayodhya Cantt Railway Station'.
4) PM Modi inaugurated the Kushinagar "International" Airport constructed at a cost of about Rs 254 crore in district Kushinagar.
5) CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the Khadi Festival and Silk Expo-2021 under the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in Lucknow.
6) UP Institute of Textile Technology (UPTTI) have designed a fabric which is not affected by sunlight and ultraviolet rays.
The fabric is made from nylons derived from the bio-polymer lignin, a plant-derived plant originating in South Africa.
7) In the Delta ranking recently released by NITI Aayog on the basis of the survey for July-August 2021, 7 districts from Uttar Pradesh are included in the top-10.
Fatehpur district is ranked at second.
Across five developmental areas of- Health and Nutrition, Education, Agriculture and Water Resources, Financial Inclusion and Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
8) PM of Denmark, Mette Frederiksen, visited the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort during her three-day visit to India.
9) The domestic revolver from renowned British firearms company Weebly and Scott hit the Indian market with its first delivery in Lucknow.
10) National Green Tribunal (NGT) has nominated seven railway stations of Uttar Pradesh, including State capital Lucknow, to be identified and developed as eco-smart railway stations.
11) CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the City Gas Station of Torrent Gas at Khanipur in Gorakhpur district.
12) CM Yogi Adityanath released the book 'Savarkar: Echoes from a Forgotten Past' written by Vikram Sampat.
13) CM Yogi Adityanath launched the 'Atmanirbhar Kisan Integrated Development Scheme' under the mission of empowering the farmers of Uttar Pradesh.
Under this scheme, 2,725 FPOs will be formed, which will directly benefit 27.25 lakh shareholder farmers.
In the current financial year, the state government has earmarked Rs 100 crore for this scheme.
14) The famous Rataul mango, cultivated in Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh was awarded the Geographical Indication (GI) certificate.
Swachh Survekshan 2021Indore is India's cleanest city for the fifth time in a row and Chhattisgarh is cleanest state for the third time, as per the "Swachh Survekshan 2021".
Top 3 Cleanest Cities:
1) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
2) Surat, Gujarat
3) Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
Cleanest cities with less than one lakh population:
1) Vita, Maharashtra
2) Lonavala, Maharashtra
3) Sasvad, Maharashtra
Top 3 Cleanest States (More than 100 Urban Local Bodies):
3) Madhya Pradesh
6) Uttar Pradesh
Top 3 Cleanest states (Less than 100 Urban Local Bodies)
Cleanest Ganga Towns:
1) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
2) Munger, Bihar
3) Patna, Bihar
Cleanest Cantonment Boards:
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow bagged awards in "best state capital in citizen feedback" and "garbage-free cities" (for cities with over 10 lakh population)
Cleanest Ganga Towns: Varanasi (over one lakh population), Kannauj (population between 50,000 and one lakh), Chunar in Mirzapur (population less than 50,000).
Lucknow (3 Star), Noida (5 Star).
Older1) Aiming to strengthen the participatory rural economy and infrastructure, CM Yogi Adityanath launched the "Mathrubhumi Yojana" on September 15, 2021.
2) CM Yogi Adityanath announced the launch of "Uttar Pradesh Matra Bhumi Yojana" that seeks to make the common man a direct participant in the development work of the state and strengthen the participatory rural economy and infrastructure.
The government will bear 50 per cent of the total cost of the project, while the remaining 50 % will be contributed by the interested people.
3) Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh University to come up in Aligarh, UP soon.
4) The mega leather park project, which will be built in Ramaipur village in Kanpur, will help improve Kanpur's position among the ten largest leather-producing states of the country.
5) President laid the foundation stone of the Mahayogi Guru Gorakhnath AYUSH University, state's first AYUSH University in Gorakhpur.
6) The third phase of 'Mission Shakti' was launched in a program organized in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
7) Neha Kushwaha (Environment Conservationist), the only participant selected from UP was honored with the National Youth Award for the year 2017-18.
8) UP has renamed 'Kakori Kand', an important movement in the history of India's freedom struggle, to 'Kakori Train Action'.
9) Preparations are on to build the country's first dolphin breeding centre at Hastinapur in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
10) Climber of Kanpur city, Parul Singh hoisted the tricolor on Mount Elbrus, the highest peak of the continent of Europe at 5642 meters.
11) A proposal has been prepared to build a 3-storey Inter Model Station Kashi in and around Kashi Railway Station.
This inter-modal station will have the facility of bus, train and water transport.
12) The Uttar Pradesh Population Policy 2021-2030, unveiled on the occasion of World Population Day aims at bringing down the "gross fertility rate" among women to 2.1 by 2026 and to 1.9 by 2030.
13) Lucknow, UP will soon get the country's first stadium for differently abled people.
14) A 'Galwan Victory wall' has been opened for public at Cariappa road of the New Cantonment area of Prayagraj, UP.
15) India will see its first pod taxi running between Noida (Jewar) Airport and Noida Film City.
16) Dr. Vidhi Nagar, an internationally acclaimed Kathak dancer is the first and only person in India to receive D.Litt. in the field of Kathak.
17) UP got Grade-I in Performance Grading Index (PGI) 2019-20.
18) Hundreds of years old idol of Lord Shiva's Gan Nandi has been found in excavation near Lalitpur town, UP.
19) Uttar Pradesh first sky walk will be made in Varanasi, UP.
20) In Uttar Pradesh about 197 children have been identified whose parents have died due to COVID-19. Mukhyamantri Bal Seva Yojana has been started by the UP government for all such children.
20) India's official leopard count has increased 63 per cent from 2014 to 2018.
There were 12,852 leopards in the country in 2018 (7,910 in 2014).
The largest number of leopards have been estimated in Madhya Pradesh (3,421) followed by Karnataka (1,783) and Maharashtra (1,690). . . . Uttar Pradesh (316).
21) Six sites, including the Ganga ghats in Varanasi have been added to India's tentative list of UNESCO world heritage sites.
22) The UP government won the "E-Panchayat Puraskar 2021", ranking first in Category I.
23) Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam (GNN) announced successfully raising and listing India's first Green Municipal bond issue.
24) UP government has launched a unique gift scheme to promote corona vaccination in the state.
Under this, on the occasion of World Health Day on 7th April, a lucky draw will be conducted by the state government for all those people who have been vaccinated.
25) UP government was organised a "Banana Festival" in Kushinagar, which has witnessed the participation of at least 35 farmers and entrepreneurs.
The state government had in 2018 organised the One District One Product (ODOP) scheme to promote traditional enterprise.
25) According to the 'Ease of Living' Index, 14 UP cities have been considered better in terms of living in the country.