These current affairs are written in a easy to remember format and are useful for competitive exams like - UPSC Civil Services, UPPSC, BPSC, MPPPSC, State PSCs and other competitive examinations.
The government will spend Rs 9,800 crore on livestock development over the next five years in a bid to leverage almost Rs 55,000 crore of outside investment into the sector.
All schemes of the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying will be merged into three broad categories.
1) DevelopmentThe first will include the Rashtriya Gokul Mission, which focusses on the development of indigenous breeds, as well as the National Programme for Dairy Development, the National Livestock Mission, and the Livestock Census and Integrated Sample Survey.
2) Disease ControlThe second one includes the Livestock Health and Disease Control scheme and the National Animal Disease Control Programme.
3) InfrastructureThe third will merge the Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund and the Dairy Infrastructure Development Fund, and also incorporate support to dairy cooperatives and Farmer Producer Organisations engaged in dairy activities.
Indian Panorama, 2021
The 52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) has announced call for entries for Indian Panorama, 2021.
Indian Panorama, introduced in 1978 is a flagship component of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) under which best of contemporary Indian films are selected for the promotion of film art.
The 52nd edition of IFFI will be held in Goa from 20th to 28th November, 2021.
The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was founded in 1952, it is organized annually in the state of Goa.
The festival is conducted jointly by the Directorate of Film Festivals (under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting) and the state Government of Goa.
Art & Culture
The government has decided to set up the "Indian Institute of Heritage" at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
The Institute is being set up as Deemed to be University and would be a standalone Institution of its type in the country.
It will integrate following institutions:
1) Institute of Archaeology (Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology)
2) School of Archival Studies under National Archives of India, New Delhi
3) National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property (NRLC), Lucknow
4) National Museum Institute of History of Art Conservation and Museology (NMICHM)
5) Academic Wing of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
These institutions shall become various schools of "Indian Institute of Heritage".
Indian Institute of Heritage will be a world-class university that would focus on the conservation and research in India's rich tangible heritage, while offering research, development and dissemination of knowledge.
Art & Culture
What is "Bad Bank" ?
An Asset Reconstruction Company Limited and Asset Management Company would be set up to consolidate and take over the existing stressed debt and then manage and dispose of the assets to Alternate Investment Funds and other potential investors for eventual value realization.
Identification of non-performing assets by an ARC is an ongoing process.
Read More: Bad bank, ARCs and NPA
India, 5th largest forex reserves holder
With a forex reserves of $608.99 billion, India has emerged as the fifth largest foreign exchange reserves holder in the world after China, Japan, Switzerland and Russia.
The Minister stated that India's foreign exchange reserves position is comfortable in terms of import cover of more than 18 months and provides cushion against unforeseen external shocks.
Besides exports and imports of goods and services, the overall stability of the external sector depends on other components of balance of payments including remittances (transfers), income in the current account, the size of net capital flows and external debt.
Read More: Foreign-exchange reserves